Last week in Virginia, I had the pleasure of speaking to a group of female solo entrepreneurs about mindful abundance. To some, mindful abundance may seem like an oxymoron. But if you are self- employed, thoughts of abundance have crossed your radar. As an independent contractor, there is a strong likelihood that you’ve made some significant financial sacrifices on your journey.
Knowing how stressful financial pressure can be for mind, body and spirit, I would like to respectfully introduce you to your Prosperity Portal, and offer a few recommendations to strengthen it.
Most often, the problem is not that you lack the ability to generate a particular income- it’s in how you support your portal to abundance. To embrace wealth is to attend to the energy of abundance. Money is energy, and it’s to be respected like any other form of energy.
Pay attention to how you engage with money. Do you wince? Does the thought of looking at a statement make you nervous? Observe and recognize when you ascribe abundance to others. When you avoid the language and energy of finances, you block yourself from prosperity, keeping yourself busy engaging with fear.
Think about your Prosperity Portal as a muscle that requires conditioning. Consciously spend time nurturing your financial life. How?
1. Be clear about what you desire. Allow the truth of what you envision to become the nucleus of your being. Have visuals, numbers and clear ideas about what you wish.
2. Value your work and gratefully receive payment for it. This nourishing act sets the tone and the example for the rest of us.
3. Make a clean list of your finances – what you have, how you’re spending monthly, and what you’re saving. Saving your money is a way to pay your future self.
4. Ask for assistance. Don’t let fear block you from receiving help – you already know someone who can help you with your finances. Just beginning to talk about it will shed light on the matter and help you begin planning your financial future.
5. Look at your bank account daily. This will keep you in a “game” with yourself – it will move you to add to it, to study, to seek work and to surround yourself with prosperity-minded individuals who aren’t afraid to enjoy wealth.