I love being a yoga teacher – we have the best job in the world! I especially love guiding students into deep relaxation. I wanted to share with you some of the cues I use –
– Allow yourself to relax as deeply as is physically possible… continue to relax even deeper… and deeper than you originally thought possible.
– Every time you breathe out you get an opportunity to release… focus on extending your out breath… let your smooth, slow exhale help you relax deeper.
– Imagine a gentle wave of relaxation ebbing and flowing through your body… soothing and comforting every part of your body… Enjoy the rhythm of relaxation deep within.
– Imagine golden sunlight streaming down through your body… This sunshine revitalizes every part of your body as it shines brightly… This pure, radiant energy from the sun activates every cell in your body… Let every cell in your body glow at its best… Let yourself shine from the inside out.
– There is no need to support yourself right now… no need to hold yourself in any particular way… Let the floor support you… let the floor hold your body.
– Withdraw your senses and find a point of stillness deep within… Settle into the stillness and remind yourself that this is inside you it is not outside of you… it is with you where ever you go.
– Let the weight of your head drop into the floor… your neck muscles do not need to hold your head up right now.
– Allow yourself to become lighter and lighter as you sink deeper and deeper into a relaxed state.
– Jump off the merri go round of life and allow your mind to settle… nothing is so important you need to think of it now.
– It is safe for you to switch off and relax.
– Knowing that the benefits of relaxation are far and wide… allow there to be no boundaries to how far you let yourself relax today.
– You are enough. You have enough. You do enough. You are enough.